2014 Photo Day
Parents & Players
AY Board, Meeting Minutes & Budget
BURLINGAME AYSO POSITIVE COACHING GUIDELINE
AYSO is for the children of this community. The primary goal of AYSO is to create an environment in which all children develop a love sport, fair play and competition. We are committed to this goal and as a result we maintain a strict policy, which applies to all players, volunteers and spectators.
ALL PLAYERS AND VOLUNTEERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN AYSO ACTIVITES IN AN ENVIRONMENT FREE OF:
- Improper verbal conduct such as insults, slurs or unwanted comment.
- Improper visual conduct such as derogatory posters or gestures.
- Improper physical conduct such as blocking normal movement or interference with the normal activity.
As I coach in AYSO, I pledge that I will,
- Conduct myself in a manner becoming a member of AYSO.
- Comply with the Rules and Regulations of AYSO.
- Encourage Clean Competition and Good Sportsmanship.
- Refrain from negative comments and complaints about officiating and do everything reasonably expected to prohibit players on my team and spectators from making negative comments about officials or AYSO volunteers.
- Refrain from negative comments about players and coaches on the opposing team.
- Present a healthy, positive athletic environment for team members.
- Limit sideline participation during AYSO games to comments that are positive, instructional and/or encouraging.
I understand that as coach I am responsible for my behavior before, during and after practices, games and AYSO activities. As well, I may be held responsible for the behavior of my players, their families and their friends. I also understand that I may be sanctioned by the referees and the regional board of AYSO should my behavior and conduct be deemed not to comply with this pledge or be in the spirit of fair play exemplified by AYSO.
Name (Print)______________________________ Date________________________